- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 cup portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can organic lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1 jar organic tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp. basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp. parsley, chopped
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 4 zucchinis, spiralized
Optional topping: grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, onions, and carrots to the pan and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the mushroom and cook until soft, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the lentils and tomato sauce to the pan and cook on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add the basil and parsley to the pan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Using a spiralizer, spiralize the zucchini into noodles. In a separate skillet, heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil and lightly sauté the zoodles, until soft.
- Plate zoodles and top with lentil Bolognese.