- 1 spaghetti squash
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tbsp. parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
Optional: shredded cheese for topping
- Cut the squash in half, lengthwise.
- Scoop the seeds out with a spoon.
- Place the squash on a baking sheet and bake at 400°F (204°C) for 45-60 minutes.
- While the squash is cooking, prepare the sauce in a pan.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and sauté the onion and garlic for 1 minute.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté for 2 minutes to brown them. Add in the white wine. Simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
- When the squash cools, scrape out with a fork and add to the sauce mixture. Add parsley and sauté for 5 minutes and serve topped with shredded cheese.